Friends, I can’t stress enough the importance of having a DAILY routine and loving your skin! Enviornmental factors, along with everyday life stresses have a huge effect on the health of our bodies. Our skin in particular is greatly influenced by what we do. So, let’s take the time to take care of ourselves a little more by building a healthy skincare routine that we can stick to for our bodies. Today, let’s focus on the FACE!
1. KNOW YOUR SKINTYPE: Dry, Oily, Combination, Sensitive. Whatever it is, know it! Your skin type is extremely important to know because it helps determine which products are best suited for you.
2. DO CLEANSE, BUT DON’T OVER DO IT: In my opinion, the night time routine is far more crucial than the day time. In the evening, you should make sure that you are removing all of the excess oils, dirt and makeup that covered your skin all day. One of my favorite things to do for me face is the Oil Cleansing Method. It has left me with a more supple feeling skin when I wake up in the morning. My day time routine usually consists of a warm water rinse or a gentle cleanser when necessary.
3. DON’T JUST CLEANSE WITH ANYTHING YOU FIND: Just because there is a bottle of Mario Badescu Glycolic Cleanser in front of you doesn’t mean it’s what you need. Speaking from experience, using the wrong type of cleanser for your skintype can cause major irritation to your pores and even break you out. Let’s avoid that at all costs. Learn about which ingredients give you the maximum results for healthy glowing skin!
4. DON’T WEAR MAKEUP TO BED: Enough said!
5. WATER, WATER, WATER: I mean, water is just key to it all. If you don’t believe me, do a 30 day water challenge. Try to get 8 glasses in a day and let me know if you see an improvement in your skin.
7. SUNSCREEN: I think sunscreen is one of those things that not too many people think about in his or her skincare regimen. It’s essential! And the trick is, it should be used all year round. Try to find a moisturizer that has SPF in it. My everyday moisturizer Bobby Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm keeps my face nourished as well as protected from those harmful rays. Don’t be fooled by the winter months. You need protections 365 days a year!
Those were some of my most important points but there are others that you should think about. Moisturizing, exfoliating, excercising, and resting. All of these factors play a role in the way your skin ages. Who wants sagging skin anyway? We may not be able to avoid getting older, but we don’t have to look like it! 😉