Ugh!I literally get obsessed on a monthly basis, maybe even weekly! This month is no different. I finally gave this product a try after months of debating. I wish I didn’t wait so long…
COVER FX CUSTOM COVER DROPS is a game changer in makeup! A co-worker of mine put me on and I’m hooked. What I love about this product is that it’s buildable. It can go from everyday makeup to glam in a drop! For everyday makeup I use one drop and my face still looks flawless. It’s lightweight yet it still gives me the coverage I need. The part that’s even better, is that it can be mixed with any of your favorite skincare products like your moisturizer, primer, face oil, etc. I mix my cover fx drops with my everyday favorite Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm. After mixing and applying I just dab a little face powder to lock it in. Done!
If this isn’t the easiest most efficient makeup to you then I challenge you to top it!
Drop me a line; I’m waiting!
Ok! So, I am a creature of habit for the most part. All of my drawers are organized, my closets make sense, my shoes are categorized…I know, I know – O-C-D right? Wrong! LOL. Stop saying that! I just like things in their place…my handbag is no exception.
I change my handbag often but what’s inside stays pretty consistent. Here’s a list of items I seldom leave home without:
1. COSMETIC CASE: I keep my basics in a small cosmetic case for everyday use. You’ll always find red lipstick (it just works), mascara, face powder, sheer lipgloss, eyedrops (dry eyes!) and Aleve (ladies, you know why!)
2. NOTEBOOK: I encourage all of you to write more! Writing has become more important to me. Blogging keeps my pen on paper but in general I’ve noticed that writing regularly is extremely theraputic.
3. SUNNIES: 365 days of the year there are a pair of shades on me. I’m fab like that, what can I say? 😉
4. CURRENT READ: When I was in high school I had an English teacher who told me that I should always be reading something. I’m currently reading “Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat – a Haitian author. Represent!
5. CREDIT CARD: I’m a woman, hello?
6. GUM: Peppermint Cobalt – Fresh Breath is a must!
So I mean, this is everyday for me. It’s simple, it’s clean, it works! What are some of your handbag must-haves?
One thing I know for sure is that MAC COSMETICS have been a hit since the beginning. This brand is probably the first thing most women think of when buying makeup. Now listen, there a a ton of great beauty brands out there and I’m an equal opportunity consumer! 😉 But I thought I’d give you my top five must haves from one of our favorite brands! These 5 products can be used every day and always hit the mark!
1. Mineralize Skinfinish Powder: I use this powder every day! It’s light yet still gives a slight coverage and clean finish. It also works as a great setting powder over concealer.
2. Pro Longwear Lipcreme: I swear by Pro Longwear. It really does last for me. Some say to add the primer underneath which works great but I’ve found that this lipstick lasts even without it. Get every shade if you can!
3. Eye Kohl: This is one of my favorite eyeliners because it adds drama without being TOO DRAMATIC. You know what I mean? When I don’t want to do a full out smokey eye, I add this liner to the top or the bottom lid for a subtle yet gorgeous effect.
4. Lipstick in Heroine: All of the MAC lip colors are fantastic but the shade we all should have is HEROINE. This literally looks good on everybody who wears it. It’s a bold, rich and happy color and you need it in your collection! 😉
5. Eye Shadow: We can go crazy here! MAC is known for having the greatest selection of colors, pigments and shades for eyeshadow. You can really play around with this one. If you’re more of a natural makeup person, try something light with a little shimmer like DAZZLELIGHT. Trust me, you’ll love it!
I want to know if you’re a MAC girl like me! What are your favorites. I’ve only listed five but believe me I can go on all day! Let me know what you think!
Hey friends! Coconut Oil is by far my number one must have product in my house! It’s something that I think every woman should have. It’s not just for cooking; I use it for hair and skin. I’m currently using Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
. You can decide which one works best for you. Just make sure it’s unrefined/pure. Here are some of my uses:
1. Body Moisturizer: Coconut oil is great right after shaving your legs. It also works really well on top of your moisturizing butters in the winter. Try moisturizing your legs with shea butter and sealing it with coconut oil
2. Hair Oil: I use coconut oil on my hair right after using leave-in conditioner. For natural and relaxed textues, it’s also great during the week to freshen up protective hairstyles like braid outs, bantu knots and buns
3. Makeup Remover: Try coconut oil when you’re removing your eye makeup or lip-stains. Works like a charm
4. Overnight Foot Cream: Massage your tired feet at night with coconut oil and then slip on a pair of socks. This really helps to keep your feet smooth. Summer is around the corner. No dry feet in sandals please! 😉
5. Body Scrub: I add coconut oil to raw sugar when making my own exfoliator. It really softens up the sugar grains and helps to moisturize while getting rid of dead skin. It’s amazing! For an added bonus, add your favorite essential oil. Try Lavendar or Eucalyptus for a spa experience at home! Click here for how to make my DIY brown sugar scrub. It’s a perfect gift for your friends and family!
These are just a few ways that I like to make use of coconut oil. How do you use yours?