Amongst my close friends and family, I’d say I take my daily make up game one or two steps further then some of them do. For example, I pretty much have a winged cat eye every single day. I don’t feel like myself without it! And if I’m sans wings, I have lash extensions on. I also love a bold lip here and there.
For some, make up is great but keeping it basic is key. Here are four make up essentials that will keep you looking bright and refreshed every day without doing too much!
1. NUDE LIP: This is not to be confused with a bare lip! A nude lip really brings out that pucker without being too bold. Shiny or Matte is fine either way. My preference is matte and rich!
2. MASCARA: You may not want a winged eyeliner like me, but just a touch of mascara will do. It brings out your eye without having to go full smokey! If you really don’t want to be bothered with the application, my little lazy make up tool that gives me total glam is lash extensions. Ok, Ok, it takes a little maintenance to keep this up, but just think, one hour out of your month and you can wake up every day looking like you’ve had a restful night! Check out my post on making those eyes pop here!
3. PRESSED POWDER: Getting a light pressed powder is great because that caked look that you’re afraid of will never happen. By getting your true shade, you can make your skin have a matte clean finish without the layers. It’s quite nice when you use this powder with your nude lip. Natural and beautiful to the max. Here’s a favorite sheer pressed powder of mine if you’re having troube choosing: MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
4. BLUSH: So we want to keep it simple and clean right? A great way to bring up the finish from your pressed powder is with a blush in a soft shade. You pretty much could choose a shade that works and stick with it forever…I’m talking to my simple make up wearers out there lol! I switch it up all the time but stick to the soft pinks, peachy, and raisin shades, all depending on your skin tone for the effect that works best for you!
That’s it! Four essentials. That isn’t too much right? It doesn’t have to be a big production every day. If you want to make your face brighten up just a touch without a 30 minute contour session, use these four tools and you’ll be set!
LET’S WEAR THEM ALL!
I won’t hide my problem! I’m a makeup and product junkie! 🙁 No, seriously, I’m a junkie. I have it all, from skincare to haircare products and almost every shade of nail polish; IKA’s got it. But hey, I’ve been blessed. There was a time when I had access to the SELF magazine beauty closet and visited quite a few Conde Nast beauty sales. I’ve stacked up for life!
I’ve gone through my makeup products and came up just a few of my favorites and must-haves for the Spring/Summer. Let’s get started!
1. Moisturizer with SPF: I do have a favorite moisturizer and it is kind of pricey for every day, but it is number one on my list. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm. I don’t go without it. This particular kind of moisturizer provides the heaviest moisture (which I need). You of course can try other moisturizers at Bobbi Brown based on your skin type. I love it because I don’t always have to add makeup on top. It does the job!
2. Matte Lipstick: Ahhhh I love matte lipstick. Shiny is over-rated! 🙂 For a sexy pout, try these inexpensive matte lip colors at NYX. I personally feel they are just as good as any high-end makeup brand, if not better!
3. Face Primer: I admit it, this one’s new to me. I never used to add primer to my everyday makeup. Now that I’ve discovered it, I can’t get enough! My current favorite: MAC Prep and Prime. This keeps my consealer and powder on for the entire day! You can also try one of Laura Mercier’s foundation primers which are also a hit!
5. Faux Lashes: My devoted readers, you already know how I feel about this. I am a faux lash lover! I wrote a post a while back called Face Pop and made it a point to show you my love! If you don’t want the commitment of extensions, you can try a low cost version for special occasions. Try ELF’s Lash Kit which is the incredible price of $1!!!! Can’t beat that!
6. Liquid Eyeliner: Here’s a little bonus. I love a winged eyeliner. It just does it for me! It takes practice but once you get the hang of it it will be a breeze. Currenly my favorite is Makeup Forever’s Ink Liner. It’s something kind of amazing. This liner finishes matte. Did I say I love matte? 😉
I hope you enjoy the above as much as I do. Tell me what your favorites are. I still have space in the beauty closet. I’m all for trying new goodies!