I’ve decided to post monthly obsessions going forward. YOU’RE WELCOME! 😉 Here’s the first obsession I’d like to share with you.
I use Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm every single day. It’s my staple! Here’s why I love it:
1. This moisturizer has SPF – SCORE! I just killed two birds with one stone
2. It is ultra moisturizing – I’m that girl with super dry skin. This does the trick
3. It’s lightweight yet effective — light weight is great for everyday makeup
4. This jar lasts a while — a little goes a long way!
I mean, so just get it ok? 🙂 You can find it here. You’ll love it!
LET’S WEAR THEM ALL!
I won’t hide my problem! I’m a makeup and product junkie! 🙁 No, seriously, I’m a junkie. I have it all, from skincare to haircare products and almost every shade of nail polish; IKA’s got it. But hey, I’ve been blessed. There was a time when I had access to the SELF magazine beauty closet and visited quite a few Conde Nast beauty sales. I’ve stacked up for life!
I’ve gone through my makeup products and came up just a few of my favorites and must-haves for the Spring/Summer. Let’s get started!
1. Moisturizer with SPF: I do have a favorite moisturizer and it is kind of pricey for every day, but it is number one on my list. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm. I don’t go without it. This particular kind of moisturizer provides the heaviest moisture (which I need). You of course can try other moisturizers at Bobbi Brown based on your skin type. I love it because I don’t always have to add makeup on top. It does the job!
2. Matte Lipstick: Ahhhh I love matte lipstick. Shiny is over-rated! 🙂 For a sexy pout, try these inexpensive matte lip colors at NYX. I personally feel they are just as good as any high-end makeup brand, if not better!
3. Face Primer: I admit it, this one’s new to me. I never used to add primer to my everyday makeup. Now that I’ve discovered it, I can’t get enough! My current favorite: MAC Prep and Prime. This keeps my consealer and powder on for the entire day! You can also try one of Laura Mercier’s foundation primers which are also a hit!
5. Faux Lashes: My devoted readers, you already know how I feel about this. I am a faux lash lover! I wrote a post a while back called Face Pop and made it a point to show you my love! If you don’t want the commitment of extensions, you can try a low cost version for special occasions. Try ELF’s Lash Kit which is the incredible price of $1!!!! Can’t beat that!
6. Liquid Eyeliner: Here’s a little bonus. I love a winged eyeliner. It just does it for me! It takes practice but once you get the hang of it it will be a breeze. Currenly my favorite is Makeup Forever’s Ink Liner. It’s something kind of amazing. This liner finishes matte. Did I say I love matte? 😉
I hope you enjoy the above as much as I do. Tell me what your favorites are. I still have space in the beauty closet. I’m all for trying new goodies!