One thing I know for sure is that MAC COSMETICS have been a hit since the beginning. This brand is probably the first thing most women think of when buying makeup. Now listen, there a a ton of great beauty brands out there and I’m an equal opportunity consumer! 😉 But I thought I’d give you my top five must haves from one of our favorite brands! These 5 products can be used every day and always hit the mark!
1. Mineralize Skinfinish Powder: I use this powder every day! It’s light yet still gives a slight coverage and clean finish. It also works as a great setting powder over concealer.
2. Pro Longwear Lipcreme: I swear by Pro Longwear. It really does last for me. Some say to add the primer underneath which works great but I’ve found that this lipstick lasts even without it. Get every shade if you can!
3. Eye Kohl: This is one of my favorite eyeliners because it adds drama without being TOO DRAMATIC. You know what I mean? When I don’t want to do a full out smokey eye, I add this liner to the top or the bottom lid for a subtle yet gorgeous effect.
4. Lipstick in Heroine: All of the MAC lip colors are fantastic but the shade we all should have is HEROINE. This literally looks good on everybody who wears it. It’s a bold, rich and happy color and you need it in your collection! 😉
5. Eye Shadow: We can go crazy here! MAC is known for having the greatest selection of colors, pigments and shades for eyeshadow. You can really play around with this one. If you’re more of a natural makeup person, try something light with a little shimmer like DAZZLELIGHT. Trust me, you’ll love it!
I want to know if you’re a MAC girl like me! What are your favorites. I’ve only listed five but believe me I can go on all day! Let me know what you think!
Check out my DIY brown sugar scrub! It’s really easy to make and such a cute gift for friends and family when they’re paying you a visit at home. When you make something with love it’s appreciated far greater than something you might find in a store!
Plain and simple: Add Raw Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil and Honey in a bowl and MIX! Too easy right? I don’t like to give measurements because everyone’s skin is different. If you want a scrub that is more grainy, use less oil. If raw sugar feels a little harsh on your skin, scale back on it and add more coconut and/or almond oil. The fun part about DIY is you make it to your liking…for YOUR OWN SKIN 😉
The final touch is personalizing it. You can put the receivers name on it, or add a little note from the heart.
MADE BY IKA!
Try this at home and let me know how it came out. If you have other DIY exfoliating receipes let me know! I’m looking for the perfect all natural scrub for the face! Can’t wait to hear from you.
LET’S WEAR THEM ALL!
I won’t hide my problem! I’m a makeup and product junkie! 🙁 No, seriously, I’m a junkie. I have it all, from skincare to haircare products and almost every shade of nail polish; IKA’s got it. But hey, I’ve been blessed. There was a time when I had access to the SELF magazine beauty closet and visited quite a few Conde Nast beauty sales. I’ve stacked up for life!
I’ve gone through my makeup products and came up just a few of my favorites and must-haves for the Spring/Summer. Let’s get started!
1. Moisturizer with SPF: I do have a favorite moisturizer and it is kind of pricey for every day, but it is number one on my list. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm. I don’t go without it. This particular kind of moisturizer provides the heaviest moisture (which I need). You of course can try other moisturizers at Bobbi Brown based on your skin type. I love it because I don’t always have to add makeup on top. It does the job!
2. Matte Lipstick: Ahhhh I love matte lipstick. Shiny is over-rated! 🙂 For a sexy pout, try these inexpensive matte lip colors at NYX. I personally feel they are just as good as any high-end makeup brand, if not better!
3. Face Primer: I admit it, this one’s new to me. I never used to add primer to my everyday makeup. Now that I’ve discovered it, I can’t get enough! My current favorite: MAC Prep and Prime. This keeps my consealer and powder on for the entire day! You can also try one of Laura Mercier’s foundation primers which are also a hit!
5. Faux Lashes: My devoted readers, you already know how I feel about this. I am a faux lash lover! I wrote a post a while back called Face Pop and made it a point to show you my love! If you don’t want the commitment of extensions, you can try a low cost version for special occasions. Try ELF’s Lash Kit which is the incredible price of $1!!!! Can’t beat that!
6. Liquid Eyeliner: Here’s a little bonus. I love a winged eyeliner. It just does it for me! It takes practice but once you get the hang of it it will be a breeze. Currenly my favorite is Makeup Forever’s Ink Liner. It’s something kind of amazing. This liner finishes matte. Did I say I love matte? 😉
I hope you enjoy the above as much as I do. Tell me what your favorites are. I still have space in the beauty closet. I’m all for trying new goodies!