Hey friends! Coconut Oil is by far my number one must have product in my house! It’s something that I think every woman should have. It’s not just for cooking; I use it for hair and skin. I’m currently using Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
. You can decide which one works best for you. Just make sure it’s unrefined/pure. Here are some of my uses:
1. Body Moisturizer: Coconut oil is great right after shaving your legs. It also works really well on top of your moisturizing butters in the winter. Try moisturizing your legs with shea butter and sealing it with coconut oil
2. Hair Oil: I use coconut oil on my hair right after using leave-in conditioner. For natural and relaxed textues, it’s also great during the week to freshen up protective hairstyles like braid outs, bantu knots and buns
3. Makeup Remover: Try coconut oil when you’re removing your eye makeup or lip-stains. Works like a charm
4. Overnight Foot Cream: Massage your tired feet at night with coconut oil and then slip on a pair of socks. This really helps to keep your feet smooth. Summer is around the corner. No dry feet in sandals please! 😉
5. Body Scrub: I add coconut oil to raw sugar when making my own exfoliator. It really softens up the sugar grains and helps to moisturize while getting rid of dead skin. It’s amazing! For an added bonus, add your favorite essential oil. Try Lavendar or Eucalyptus for a spa experience at home! Click here for how to make my DIY brown sugar scrub. It’s a perfect gift for your friends and family!
These are just a few ways that I like to make use of coconut oil. How do you use yours?
I’ve decided to post monthly obsessions going forward. YOU’RE WELCOME! 😉 Here’s the first obsession I’d like to share with you.
I use Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm every single day. It’s my staple! Here’s why I love it:
1. This moisturizer has SPF – SCORE! I just killed two birds with one stone
2. It is ultra moisturizing – I’m that girl with super dry skin. This does the trick
3. It’s lightweight yet effective — light weight is great for everyday makeup
4. This jar lasts a while — a little goes a long way!
I mean, so just get it ok? 🙂 You can find it here. You’ll love it!
Check out my DIY brown sugar scrub! It’s really easy to make and such a cute gift for friends and family when they’re paying you a visit at home. When you make something with love it’s appreciated far greater than something you might find in a store!
Plain and simple: Add Raw Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil and Honey in a bowl and MIX! Too easy right? I don’t like to give measurements because everyone’s skin is different. If you want a scrub that is more grainy, use less oil. If raw sugar feels a little harsh on your skin, scale back on it and add more coconut and/or almond oil. The fun part about DIY is you make it to your liking…for YOUR OWN SKIN 😉
The final touch is personalizing it. You can put the receivers name on it, or add a little note from the heart.
MADE BY IKA!
Try this at home and let me know how it came out. If you have other DIY exfoliating receipes let me know! I’m looking for the perfect all natural scrub for the face! Can’t wait to hear from you.
Do you obsess about your weight? I’d be lying if I said I never did. To my girlfriends, how many times do we talk about this? Today I did some searching and came across this article on one of my favorite websites, Oprah.com 😉 We love Oprah!
This article was so interesting to me. It really focused on the habits of women who really just don’t give a damn! I’d say it was pretty empowering. It was real. My favorite habit is NOT obsessing over other women’s photos on FB and IG. More than half of the women in the study admitted that they compare themeselves to other women’s photos. Oh the life we live! The point is, we may not love throwing on a 2-piece bikini all the time but it shouldn’t stop us from enjoying the beach! Check it out!
9 Habits of People Who Love the Weight They’re At
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/health/Body-Image-Confident-Women-Be-Confident#ixzz2f5OoUNiK