Hey gorgeous ones! Loyal followers of mine know I have a ton of obsessions. I try to keep you all in the loop of my staples as well as my newbies every month. While I love to be open to new things, I’m quite the creature of habit. The question that I haven’t answered is, “What’s in Ika’s makeup bag?” And guess what, it’s not much!
I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup or I should say heavy makeup. I prefer my everyday look to be lightweight, dewy and chic. But there are some products that are my staples and will always be found in my makeup bag. The list is short, but important.
1. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm. I. CANNOT. GO. A. DAY. WITHOUT. IT. OK? It’s rare that I’m not wearing this delicious moisturizing blend. It has spf! Hello! It’s the perfect tint (I wear medium to dark) so that I don’t look like the walking dead. And! It gives me the slightest not-trying-too-hard glow. WIN!
2. Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. Lord! This is like crack for my face. When I want to take my makeup up one notch from tinted moisturizer, this is the key! It is exactly like the name, all day, luminous, and weightless. I use so little and receive great impact. With a beauty blender, the finish is flawless. I’m telling you, it’s not leaving the bag!
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Crème Highlighter. Don’t even get me started on this touch of highlight. The change this skin perfector makes is solid. Sometimes I feel like the makeup application can stop right here. Drab to Fab in 3 seconds flat.
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herb and Rosewater Not only do I set my makeup with this spray of heaven but I also use it as a pick me up during the day when I need a refresher. It’s crazy how the aroma gives me just the right amount of BURST when I’m having the 4pm want-to-be-in-bed moment lol.
5. Aquaphor Lip Repair. Duh! You know I’ve been using this since like, birth. True staple! Wrote about it here.
Those are my mains. Depending on the occasion, I’ll throw in the lip of the day, normally a shade of red or nude. Two simple every day lip shades for me. And when I’m feeling extra jazzy, I might add a blue or green eyeliner only on the bottom lash line. With my lash extensions the bold liner really makes my face pop.
Makeup doesn’t have to be a project. It just has to enhance what you’ve already got!