We have a winner. Fresh makes a Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover that quenches my beauty lover thirst! This creamy formula not only removes my eye makeup effortlessly but also conditions what I realize is my problem area! I am a true dark-circle-under-eye kinda gal. This rich remover moisturizes my circles to perfection during my nightly routine. I’m left feeling like I gave my skin the best with very litte work involved.
Run! Don’t walk…. Fresh Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover is calling you…
NEW YORK FOOD MONSTER
Food Enthusiast Jeanette Sophia Atherley doesn’t miss a meal; a GOOD meal that is! When Jeanette isn’t caring for the sick as a nurse, she’s taking it to the streets of New York for the best eats! She’s the New York Food Monster with a thirsty palette. Turning her passion into a social media hit, Jeanette brings the best bites to inquiring minds. Check out @NYFOODMONSTER
on IG. She will not disappoint!
1. What inspired you to create a food page?
Ever since I was a young girl I have always had a love for food !!! I remember when I was younger and my dad used to take me out to restaurants in NYC. He would make me try things I have never heard of before. Now because of that, I will try anything at least once !!! A friend of mine said one day while we were eating of course, and as I was taking pictures my food, “You should start your own food blog!” I had never thought about it before and figured What The Heck Do I Have To Lose !!!! So I started my IG account @NYFOODMONSTER and have been doing it for about a year now.
2. The best part of my job is…ALL THE DELICIOUS FOOD I GET TO EAT AND THE COOL PEOPLE I MEET ALONG THE WAY !!!
3. You’ve come across many types of cuisine. If you could pick your top three foods based on the NY Food Monster Experience, what would they be?
I have a secret love affair with 3 things: LOBSTER, CHICKEN NUGGETS and MAC N CHEESE. I love the lobster roll at Red Hook Lobster; they have a few to choose from but I love the Lobster BLT because Bacon makes everything so much more delicious !!!! When I’m in the mood for chicken nuggets which is about every single day, I make my way to the Nugget Spot and order my Bacon coated chicken nuggets (again I 💛 Bacon). Then there is my absolute MOST favorite Mac n Cheese located at Catch ! It’s Lobster Mac n Cheese and is deeeelicious !!!!
4. What advice would you give another young woman on following her passion?
The advice I would give is to always do what you love and love what you do !!
5. You look great! What are your tips for staying in shape while indulging in the best foods?
Ha !! Yes with eating all the foods that I do, I definitely have to stay in shape !!! I work out 3-4 times a week and whenever I can I walk, and take the stairs when available.
There she is; A Real Woman & Herownskin.com’s food enthusiast doing her thing! Check out @NYFOODMONSTER now! Eat up!
This month has been all about the SHEA! I’m not new to this formula but for some reason I’ve been OBSESSED with it all month.
Shea butter has many uses. I currently use it on my skin; all parts. Full body and face. I’ve also used it in my hair to add extra moisture and shine. I works wonders!
Some people might not like the thickness. You kind of have to rub it in a bit and emulsify because of the consistency but it’s worth the work. My skin never looked to supple.
Here’s a little trick, try adding a dab of coconut oil to your shea butter jar. The coconut oil, also a great moisturizer, helps soften the shea a bit, making it easier to apply.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER USES:
-Fight skin inflammation
-Pucker up! Soften thoses lips
-Fade stretch marks (add a little olive oil to this mix and rub, rub, rub!)
-Cracked heels? Work that shea butter in!
I wouldn’t steer you wrong. Let me know your uses for Shea butter. I want to know!
Ok! So, I am a creature of habit for the most part. All of my drawers are organized, my closets make sense, my shoes are categorized…I know, I know – O-C-D right? Wrong! LOL. Stop saying that! I just like things in their place…my handbag is no exception.
I change my handbag often but what’s inside stays pretty consistent. Here’s a list of items I seldom leave home without:
1. COSMETIC CASE: I keep my basics in a small cosmetic case for everyday use. You’ll always find red lipstick (it just works), mascara, face powder, sheer lipgloss, eyedrops (dry eyes!) and Aleve (ladies, you know why!)
2. NOTEBOOK: I encourage all of you to write more! Writing has become more important to me. Blogging keeps my pen on paper but in general I’ve noticed that writing regularly is extremely theraputic.
3. SUNNIES: 365 days of the year there are a pair of shades on me. I’m fab like that, what can I say? 😉
4. CURRENT READ: When I was in high school I had an English teacher who told me that I should always be reading something. I’m currently reading “Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat – a Haitian author. Represent!
5. CREDIT CARD: I’m a woman, hello?
6. GUM: Peppermint Cobalt – Fresh Breath is a must!
So I mean, this is everyday for me. It’s simple, it’s clean, it works! What are some of your handbag must-haves?