Good People! This happens to be my thing! It’s what I love…SKINCARE! Memorial Day marked the unofficial beginning of Summer. The time to let your skin show is approaching. Scary, right? What better way to kick off the upcoming sun rays than to improve the quality of your beautiful skin. Consider these tips for the next 30 days and you’re sure to glow…
1. Let’s get the obvious out of the way. Drink water! When you think you’ve had enough agua in one day, have another glass! I am challenged in this area myself. The more I say it, the more I’m reminded to practice it. This is tip #1. You may not like it, but just do it. Your pores will thank me 😉 I mention a few ways to jazz up your water experience in a previous post about healthy skin. Check it out here. Let’s do it together 😉
2. Break A Sweat! Exercise not only get’s the body looking tight and right, but also is a great way for your body to naturally get rid of the toxins in your skin. Everything that is gross on the inside get’s released. If exercise is a problem for you, try sitting in the sauna for a bit and get those sweat glands going. Those of you that know me, know Bikram Yoga is my favorite annoyance. I talk about some of the other benefits of Bikram here. Make an effort to sweat it out a few times a week.
3. Sleep! Your body needs rest. It needs time to refresh itself. Don’t laugh when I say I’m getting beauty sleep. It’s the truth and it really helps! Days always feel better when you’ve had a good night’s sleep.
4. Green Tea! Did you know that green tea is an anti-inflammatory? Consider switching your morning cup of Joe for a cup of green! And for a bonus, green tea is a great aid in weight loss. Can’t beat that!
5. Improve your air quality. Humidifiers in dry rooms are great. Fans turned on when you’re cooking with oil are helpful. And changing the air filter in your furnace regularly can do wonders. Your environment plays a major role in how your skin breathes.
6. Monitor how your cleanser works. I have used wrong cleansers for my skin type in the past. Having dry skin like myself means paying close attention to what I wash my face and whole body with. It’s beneficial for me to use soap free cleansers to avoid dry patches. Those of you with oily skin may choose the soap option. Either way it’s up to you to choose which is best for your skin health.
Guess what…these tips don’t take too much effort. Try them! Your skincare is very important. In 30 days you can boost up the way your skin feels just by making a few tweaks here and there. Treat your skin with LOVE and let me know how you did. I’ll be checking! 😉