I’m obsessed with healthy glowing skin and I make it a point to treat my skin with care. If you’ve fallen behind on an effective skin regimen here are some tips that may help:
1. Drink Water! Ok, so don’t even start arguing with me on this one because you’ll lose! This is number one. Water is the best thing you can do for your skin. It keeps you hydrated and brings out all of the natural beauty you already have. If you want to make your H2O experience a bit more interesting, try adding fruits and/or vegetables to it. This Spring and Summer, try adding cucumber, strawberries, or grapefruit to your water on ice. I mean, doesn’t it sound refreshing? Drink up!
2. Cleanse! Find your favorite cleanser and be consistent. This could be tricky. I’m guilty of trying a ton of different products for various reasons. But when you find that product that makes your skin feel amazing, stick to it. Consistency is key, but don’t over-do it.
3. Omega -3’s. Fish and nuts provide the omega-3 vitamins that you need. Salmon in particular can help with shiny hair, clear skin, and strong teeth! I get it, not everyone loves fish. If that’s the case, try taking fish oil supplements daily. It also helps strengthen your bones!
4. Exercise! Sweating is good, I promise! Not only do you relieve stress from a noisy work and school week, but by sweating you release toxins in your skin that are screaming to get out. Your pours open up and all the dirt that you don’t need or want, escape. Check out my post on Hot Yoga here. That’ll do the trick! Be sure to cleanse your body thoroughly after sweating so that these toxins don’t build up on the surface of your skin.
5. Vitamin D. Don’t we all love a little sun? (With sunscreen of course!) Be sure to get Vitamin D in your system for healthy glowing skin. In the Winter months, try taking a Vitamin D pill if those rays are lacking in your everyday life.
I can go on for days and tell you, don’t smoke, cut back on alcohol, get sleep, and exfoliate, but up top are a few of the key attributes to healthy, glowing skin that have worked for me. Tell me what works for you! Your skin is yours. Love It. Embrace It. Own It!