I can hardly believe that we’ve entered into the year 2017. 2016 sped by in a flash and I’m not sure that I can say last year was completely amazing. There were some rough periods; celebrity deaths and a tumultuous election. Here’s what I kept consistent: An optimistic outlook on it all and a ton of favorite beauty practices. With that said, I’m projecting my beauty trends for 2017. I think you’ll like them and I hope you’ll join me…
1. MOISTURIZING WITH OIL: Listen! I’ve been saying this over and over again. The health of my skin has never been better than when I started using argon oil on my face and neck at night. In fact click on my November Obsession for a favorite of mine. For a little guidance, check out my current night routine where I show you step-by-step, how to incorporate an oil into your skin love at night!
2. NAIL DESIGNS: A few coats of one color on your nails is so 2016! This year, go for something fun. Lines, dots, squares painted on your nails give you the perfect manicure with a twist. I’m not talking about the flower that you put on your 5-year-old nieces pointer finger when you drag her with you to the salon. Think minimal and chic. In fact, for a little inspo, take a look at my NAIL OBSESSION board on pinterest to grab some sure to please ideas.
3. BUSHY BROWS: Am I the only one into the bushy brow? I haven’t tweezed, waxed or threaded my brows in over 2 years. They’re not entirely bushy, but they are full. I can dig it. I encourage you to be a less concerned about having the absolute perfect arched brow. At the most, give them a good brow brush and call it a day. 2017 is about low maintenance beauty. We can do it!
4. LITTLE-TO-NO MAKEUP: This one might be a challenge. It is for me at least. I’m normally a full face everyday. I don’t wear a lot, but I do WEAR! Yet still, there have been days when my eyelash extensions and a lip are enough. Something about glowing in your natural beauty is amazing. A really nice touch is just using your favorite tinted moisturizer. Take a look at mine here. 2017 is a year where I plan to do more with less.
5. NO-HEAT HAIRSTYLES: I’ve been rocking a perm rod set for about a week now. I’m so in love with this look. To think that you can make bouncy beautiful curls without a curling iron gives me life. A non-damaging look is always a win.
That didn’t hurt, right? You have 5 beauty trends that I’m raving about to tap into this year. You don’t have to take my word for it, but when you come across a stunning, bushy-browed, curly flawless-skinned gem walking down your street, come back and tell me that you love me.